- Martin W. “Marty” AltenbergerExecutive Vice President, Director of Branches
Marty brings broad industry experience to the table at Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. where he serves as a executive vice president, director of branch services and regional manager. He is also a member of the Executive Committee amongst other leadership committees at the firm.
In his role, Marty is responsible for leading the firm’s efforts in branch development, recruiting and Branch Services. It is his team’s responsibility to ensure that the branch opening or transition process goes smoothly and then to provide high touch support for the branch manager and regional manager along with ongoing support for the branch staff.
Previously, he served in a similar capacity at A.G. Edwards, a company he joined in 1983. During his tenure there, he held a number of leadership positions in the firm’s Operations and Branch divisions.Executive Vice President, Director of Branches
- Renee BohallExecutive AssistantExecutive Assistant
- Kevin BarbeauTrading Services SpecialistTrading Services Specialist
- Robert BedenikovicAssociate Vice President and Manager, Asset MovementAssociate Vice President and Manager, Asset Movement
- Cam BeckerTechnology Services SpecialistTechnology Services Specialist
- Peter A. BiebelSenior Vice President, Alternative Products and Strategies
Pete joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2011 as a vice president and products and projects analyst. In addition, he is also a member of the firm’s Product Review Committee and serves as an options, derivatives and alternative investments analyst and provides trading support to our fixed-income and equity trading desks. A keen observer of the market and the economy, Pete writes the firm’s regular “Week Ahead” commentary, which is posted on the firm’s blog, that covers factors or events that may affect the market in the coming week.
Previously, Pete enjoyed an expansive 25-year career at A.G. Edwards, which was acquired by Wells Fargo Advisors. He started in exchange-traded options, and later helped develop the firm’s derivatives practice, spearheaded the firm’s convertible securities business, and was instrumental in the creation of the Quantitative Analysis Department within the Fixed Income Research area. In 2001, the firm named Biebel manager of Options, Futures, and Managed Futures. In that capacity, he also ran the company’s “Covered Call Service.”
A graduate of Marquette University with majors in Accounting, Finance and Economics, Biebel holds the Series 3, 7, and 24 licenses, and is also a Registered Options Principal.Senior Vice President, Alternative Products and Strategies
- Randall BiggsSenior Credit Operations Specialist
Randy is associate vice president and manager of Credit and Retirement Operations at Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. Joining the firm in 2014, he is responsible for the daily processing of client requests for retail and retirement accounts. In addition, he monitors client accounts for risk and oversees the loan programs for high-net-worth clients.
With more than 30 years of financial services experience, Randy has held leadership positions in both the Margin and IRA departments. Most recently, he worked as a process manager in the Margin department. In that capacity he was responsible for managing all client activity, credit and risk exposure.
Randy holds his FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses. Outside of work he enjoys fishing, camping, woodworking as well as spending time with family and friends.Senior Credit Operations Specialist
- Laura BlomstromVice President and Manager AccountingVice President and Manager Accounting
- Cynthia L. “Cindy” BöhmeCorporate Secretary, Executive Vice President, Director of Staff Division
As one of the original founders of Benjamin F. Edwards & Co., Cindy relied upon her proven track record of planning and establishing successful business operations up and running. Today, Cindy serves as the firm’s director of the staff division and is responsible for registration, continuing education, the human resource practice, company stock, 401(k) plan administration and corporate insurance policies. She is also the firm’s corporate secretary.
She began her industry career in 1982 at A.G. Edwards where she helped develop and manage the operation and trading functions of the advisory program for A.G. Edwards Asset Management. Before joining Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2008, she worked on the corporate bond desk for Edward Jones.
Cindy is a summa cum laude graduate of Maryville University in St. Louis with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. She also obtained her Master of Business Administration with honors and an emphasis in finance from Maryville University in St. Louis.
Cindy holds FINRA Series 7, 24, 27, 53 and 66 securities licenses.Corporate Secretary, Executive Vice President, Director of Staff Division
- Sheila BoydAdvisory Operations SpecialistAdvisory Operations Specialist
- Bruce L. BuerkleSenior Vice President and Manager, Securities Research
The ability to deliver knowledgeable and timely investment ideas – especially for equity investors – is one way of adding value for the client. At Benjamin F. Edwards & Co., Bruce Buerkle guides these initiatives.
Using a variety of resources, including third-party research, stock screens, and solid stock-picking instincts, Bruce provides regular investment options to the firm’s financial advisors, and assists them with reviews of client portfolios. In addition, he prepares daily market wrap-up reports and market open summaries for the firm’s financial advisors to deliver on radio or television. He also assists with the firm’s training initiatives.
Bruce entered the securities industry as a portfolio review associate in 1980 at A.G. Edwards and eventually led the company’s Portfolio Review Department.
A Chartered Financial Analyst, Bruce earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida and his M.B.A. from Vanderbilt University. He also has his Series 7, 16, and 63 licenses.Senior Vice President and Manager, Securities Research
- Neal BaumannSenior Vice President, Eastern Regional ManagerSenior Vice President, Eastern Regional Manager
- Roger A. BullerSenior Vice President, Midwest Regional Manager
Roger Buller is a senior vice president and regional manager for the firm’s Midwest Region, where he is responsible for branch development in the central portion of the country.
Roger began his financial services career in 1986 at A.G. Edwards. Named a branch manager in 1992, Roger quickly developed a reputation for identifying and developing talent and was promoted to a regional manager in 2005. With responsibility for 64 offices in seven states and 450 financial advisors, he was elected to the board of directors of the A.G. Edwards brokerage subsidiary in 2006. After the firm was acquired, Roger was named a regional president for the combined firm, with responsibility for more than 110 branches in three states.
Roger is a graduate of Wichita State University with degrees in Business and Economics.Senior Vice President, Midwest Regional Manager
- Pamela Edwards BunnSenior Advisor-Executive DivisionSenior Advisor-Executive Division
- Mark P. FellowsSenior Vice President, Florida and Western Regional Manager
Mark joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2013 to open the firm’s first office in Denver and in the state of Colorado. In addition to managing the office and growing the firm’s presence in Colorado, Mark oversees branch development initiatives in the firm’s Mountain West Region, which includes Colorado, Utah, and Arizona. He is also a member of the brokerage firm’s board of directors.
He started his financial services career in 1986 at A.G. Edwards and moved into branch management five years later.
He and his wife have four children between them. When he’s not working or spending time with his family, Mark enjoys skiing, golfing and shooting, and is also a private pilot. In addition, he’s an EMT and served on the local ski patrol for 33 years. He is also involved with his church, the Boy Scouts of America and the American Heart/American Stroke Association.Senior Vice President, Florida and Western Regional Manager
- Roland de LiniereSenior Vice President, Southeast Regional ManagerSenior Vice President, Southeast Regional Manager
- Bob ColeAssociate Vice President and Senior Data AnalystAssociate Vice President and Senior Data Analyst
- Karen ClinesAsset Movement SpecialistAsset Movement Specialist
- E. Allen ColeExecutive Vice President, Executive Director of Law & Compliance
As a leader in the Regulatory and Compliance segment of the industry since 1993, Allen Cole successfully guides financial advisors through the maze of the ever-changing regulatory landscape. His special talent: shaping regulatory requirements into actionable steps that help financial advisors accomplish their goals.
Allen joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. as senior vice president and chief compliance officer and counsel in 2008, and manages the legal, compliance, and regulatory activities of the firm.
A graduate of the Washington University School of Law, Allen also received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration from Ouachita Baptist University in 1982.Executive Vice President, Executive Director of Law & Compliance
- Bernice CrenshawReceptionistReceptionist
- Rena CunninghamExecutive AssistantExecutive Assistant
- Lisa DavisAssociate Vice President, Branch Supervision SpecialistAssociate Vice President, Branch Supervision Specialist
- Robert DanielCompliance Associate - SurveillanceCompliance Associate - Surveillance
- Dawn DanforthAccounts Payable SpecialistAccounts Payable Specialist
- Brian DavisTechnology EngineerTechnology Engineer
- Gina DickersonVice President, Branch Relationship Administrator
In 2009, Gina Dickerson joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. where she worked in New Accounts and Document Control. In 2011, she moved to Branch Services where, as a transition specialist, she now plays a key role in opening new branches and assisting financial advisors and their staff transition to the firm. When not opening offices, she continues to provide ongoing support to existing branches.
Gina Dickerson began her financial services career in 2008 when she was hired as a trade associate to work on the A.G. Edwards trading desk. In that capacity, she received, processed, and executed live equity orders. Previously she spent three years in real estate and 15 years as an operations manager at American Express in the corporate travel division, where she led a team of more than 150 employees, developed and maintained client relationships and handled budgeting.Vice President, Branch Relationship Administrator
- Anne EckerTechnology Services SpecialistTechnology Services Specialist
- Benjamin F. “Tad” Edwards IVChairman, Chief Executive Officer
A 35-year veteran of the financial services industry, Benjamin F. (Tad) Edwards IV founded Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2008, at the height of the financial crisis.
At that time, familiar, long-time corporate names in the financial industry were disappearing or being absorbed by banks. While many viewed these events with fear, Tad Edwards saw a competitive opportunity. He recognized that in the midst of the turmoil, the industry was losing sight of what mattered most – clients and putting their interests first and building a great culture based on trust, integrity and respect. To fill the void, Tad envisioned a private, entrepreneurial firm, dedicated to providing informed investment advice, in a high-touch, service-oriented atmosphere, focused on clients and helping them meet their financial goals. He named the firm for his father.
Before founding Benjamin F. Edwards & Co., Tad worked his way up the corporate ladder at A.G. Edwards, a firm founded by his great-great-grandfather.
He started out in the company’s Personnel Department in 1977 and later worked with clients as an advisor and a eventually a branch manager. After about 20-years at the firm, Tad moved to the firm’s corporate headquarters as a regional manager, and later as the director of the Sales and Marketing division. As division director, he assumed responsibility for a number of core functions including the fixed income and NASDAQ trading desks; equity research; private client services; investment advisory programs and services; syndicate; and corporate communications.
He also served on the boards of directors for A.G. Edwards, Inc., and its brokerage subsidiary, A.G. Edwards & Sons, Inc. In 1998, he was named vice chairman of the holding company board and appointed president of the brokerage in 2001. He was also a member of the firm’s executive committee. In 2002, he returned to branch management and remained on the brokerage board.
A graduate of Trinity University in Chicago, Tad also completed the Securities Industry Institute at the Wharton School of Business (1983), the Graduate Management Program at Washington University (1983), and the Executive Leadership Development Program at the Harvard Business School (2011).
He is married with two children, and enjoys reading and golf.Chairman, Chief Executive Officer
- Brett EdwardsAssociate Vice President and Sales Productivity Strategist
Brett serves as a Sales Productivity Strategist in the Sales & Marketing division of Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. Joining the firm in 2014, he is charged with the sharing of best practices among advisors, managers and branch personnel. Much of his focus is on helping to maximize efficiency using our firm’s technology and tools. His delivery is done primarily via branch visits and training events. Each interaction is tailored to the needs of individual advisors and where they want to take their business.
His foundation at Edwards is in providing financial planning software support as well as assisting our firm’s financial advisors with financial planning analysis including asset allocation strategies, retirement planning strategies, and Monte Carlo-style simulation. Additionally, Brett manages a variety of product and service marketing materials and securities research content.
Brett has an established background in analytics and reporting and has served in project management, training and development, marketing support, in-person sales and customer service roles. Brett is a graduate of Loyola University Chicago where he earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Marketing and International Business. Outside of work, he enjoys playing the drums, golfing, hiking and spending time with his wife and three children.Associate Vice President and Sales Productivity Strategist
- Theresa A. FrySenior Vice President and Manager, IRA’s and Retirement Planning
Theresa joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2011 as a vice president and manager of IRA and retirement plans. In this capacity, she works with the firm’s financial advisors and clients on retirement planning issues and strategies.
Previously, Theresa served in a similar role for more than 10 years at A.G. Edwards. She also worked with clients and the firm’s financial advisors, and guided the development of communications materials to support the area. In addition, she served as the firm’s media spokesperson on retirement issues, appearing frequently on CNBC and quoted in USA Today, Money, and BusinessWeek.
Prior to joining A.G. Edwards, Theresa worked as a department leader in Retirement Operations for Edward Jones.
Theresa is a graduate of Southern Illinois University – Edwardsville, and holds her Series 7 and 63 licenses. She also holds life and health insurance licenses and long-term care certification.Senior Vice President and Manager, IRA’s and Retirement Planning
- Michael FitzgeraldAnnuity and Life Insurance Processing SpecialistAnnuity and Life Insurance Processing Specialist
- Charlotte FoleyAssociate Vice President, Senior Advisory Operations SpecialistAssociate Vice President, Senior Advisory Operations Specialist
- David W. Hanson, CFP®Managing Director – Investments, Co-Manager In Charge
Dave Hanson joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2010 to help open and manage the firm’s Wheaton, Ill., office, its first location in the Chicago-area. While serving his clients and helping them with their investment needs are his top priorities, Dave has managed to boost size of the office – including doubling the number of advisors.
His success growing his Wheaton location, led to his selection as the firm’s Chicagoland regional manager. In that capacity, Dave oversees branch development in the greater Chicago metro area and supervises the firm’s Chicagoland locations. He has 30 years of investment experience, primarily at A.G. Edwards (now Wells Fargo), and earned his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification in 1982. He is a graduate of Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.) with a degree in business and accounting.
He is married with three children, and enjoys fishing, gardening, traveling and camping. He is also active in his church and his community, and served as a board consultant for Missionary Sisters Health Care Systems and other non-profit organizations.Managing Director – Investments, Co-Manager In Charge
- Nick FrigerioPlanning and Research Associate, Associate Vice PresidentPlanning and Research Associate, Associate Vice President
- Terri FrigerioVice President, Executive AssistantVice President, Executive Assistant
- Susan FrigerioManager, Business Process Improvement, Associate Vice PresidentManager, Business Process Improvement, Associate Vice President
- Byron GoodrichAssociate Vice President and Marketing AssociateAssociate Vice President and Marketing Associate
- Thomas HudsonAdvisory Investment AnalystAdvisory Investment Analyst
- Justin HarderProject ManagerProject Manager
- Craig HarrisonVice President and Manager, RegistrationVice President and Manager, Registration
- Jay HermanSenior Application EngineerSenior Application Engineer
- Chad HaynesBranch Transition SpecialistBranch Transition Specialist
- Asha HeardNew Account AssociateNew Account Associate
- Lou HowellAssociate Vice President and Compliance Associate – SurveillanceAssociate Vice President and Compliance Associate – Surveillance
- Christie LivelyCredit Operations SpecialistCredit Operations Specialist
- Casey JacksonSenior Vice President, Senior Manager, Technology Services & InnovationSenior Vice President, Senior Manager, Technology Services & Innovation
- Chris HustedTeam Leader, Application ServicesTeam Leader, Application Services
- Colleen JohnsonVice President, Branch Supervision Associate
When Colleen Johnson came aboard with Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2008, she brought with her decades of experience earned as a branch operations trainer at A.G. Edwards, a firm she joined in 1981.
Today, she applies that knowledge as she helps transferring managers and financial advisors with the transition process, providing training on a variety of day-to-day aspects of the business. At the same time, she ensures adherence to the firm’s established operational procedure and also assists financial advisors with questions and troubleshooting every day.
She currently holds her Series 7, 9/10, and 63 licenses.Vice President, Branch Supervision Associate
- Christopher M. “Chris” KellerExecutive Vice President, Director of Business Services
Chris is executive vice president and director of Business Services at Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. In his role, Chris is responsible for overseeing the firm’s operations and technology capabilities. He serves on the Executive Committee, Finance Committee and Technology Committee and is a member of the firm’s Brokerage Board of Directors.
With nearly 15 years of experience in the financial services industry, before joining Edwards in 2009, Chris served in other roles including as a management consultant to Fortune 1000 clients and as a technology leader at A.G. Edwards.
Chris is a graduate of Saint Louis University with a bachelor’s degree in management information systems and marketing, and he earned his M.B.A from Webster University. He recently completed the Securities Industry Institute program at The Wharton School and holds his Series 7 and 24. Chris is active in the St. Louis community, including a variety of not-for-profit organizations. When away from Edwards, he enjoys spending time with his family, running and reading.Executive Vice President, Director of Business Services
- Monica KeziahNew Account SpecialistNew Account Specialist
- Marc KesslerVice President, Senior Manager, Branch SupervisionVice President, Senior Manager, Branch Supervision
- Zak KomoromiTechnology Services SpecialistTechnology Services Specialist
- Kim S. LandrySenior Vice President and Manager, Advisor Development and Growth
Kim Landry has established a distinguished track record of accomplishment over the course of her financial services career, which began in 1984. During that time, she has created and managed numerous professional development initiatives and coordinated a variety of product and service marketing projects. At Benjamin F. Edwards & Co., Kim works with senior management and the firm’s regional managers on branch development initiatives.
Prior to joining Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2011, Kim spent 17 years at A.G. Edwards (now Wells Fargo Advisors). She holds her CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation from the CFP Board and a Master of Science of Financial Planning from the College for Financial Planning.
She completed her undergraduate work at University of Tulsa where she received a BS/BA in Finance and Management. Kim also holds Series 7, 63 and life and health insurance licenses.Senior Vice President and Manager, Advisor Development and Growth
- Sharon LeschAdvisory Operations SpecialistAdvisory Operations Specialist
- Alex LamTechnology Services SpecialistTechnology Services Specialist
- Nina LawAssociate Vice President and Registered Senior Trade Services SpecialistAssociate Vice President and Registered Senior Trade Services Specialist
- Alex LawsonCompliance AssociateCompliance Associate
- Eric LoyManager, Compliance SurveillanceManager, Compliance Surveillance
- Gina LawlorBranch Services AssociateBranch Services Associate
- Yari A. LindoSenior Vice President, Manager, Trading Services
Yari joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2013 as vice president and manager of Trading Services. He is responsible for all trade-related activities for equities, mutual funds, options, precious metals, and unit investment trusts. In addition, he assists with new issue syndicates and serves on the Syndicate Review Committee. With almost 20 years of trading experience, Yari works closely with the firm’s financial advisors and clients to answer trading requests and leverage market opportunities.
Previously, Yari served in a similar role as a senior block trader in the equity and exchange-traded funds markets, focusing on institutional trades and managed money orders. He also held the position of market maker where he was responsible for managing risk on all trading activity for over 60 NASDAQ Stock Market equity securities, while working closely with Investment Banking, Syndicate and Research.
Yari is a graduate of Phillips University where he earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Finance. Yari holds his FINRA Series 7, 55 and 63 licenses.Senior Vice President, Manager, Trading Services
- Bret MartinSenior Vice President, Senior Manager, Information & AnalyticsSenior Vice President, Senior Manager, Information & Analytics
- Glen MagparangalanAssociate Vice President and Team Leader, Technology ServicesAssociate Vice President and Team Leader, Technology Services
- Thomas H. “Tom” MartinExecutive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
As the chief financial officer for Benjamin F. Edwards & Co., Tom oversees the firm’s finances and is also directly involved in facilitating the opening of new locations and hiring talent. He is uniquely positioned to offer insight in these critical areas, having spent more than 30 years in financial services working in the areas of corporate accounting, branch administration and facilities.
Tom joined A.G. Edwards in 1981 and helped establish and upgrade the firm’s accounting procedures and internal controls. In 1999, Tom was named assistant treasurer and controller and also assumed supervisory responsibilities for general accounting. He was heavily involved with the firm’s implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations and other regulatory measures that applied to broker/dealers.
Tom is a graduate of the University of Missouri – St. Louis with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. He is also a Certified Public Accountant in the state of Missouri.
In his spare time, Tom enjoys playing golf, coaching baseball and spending time with his wife and four children.Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Jim MastersonVice President, Branch Supervision Specialist
Branch managers need supervision too, and that’s precisely what Jim Masterson does for Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in his position as a branch manager review administrator. In this capacity, Jim oversees the sales practices and activities of the firm’s producing branch managers. Jim joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2010 after a distinguished 25-year career at A.G. Edwards.
While at A.G. Edwards, Jim initially worked in Operations and then accepted a position in Compliance as a sales practice associate. He then moved to the firm’s Law Department as a client service representative where he worked with company personnel and clients to gather the information needed to address concerns and reach equitable resolutions.
In 2003, Jim moved to the Branch Division Manager Review team and assisted regional managers with their supervisory responsibilities of producing branch managers.
Jim is a graduate of the University of Missouri – St. Louis and currently holds his Series 7, 8, 24, 63 and 65, and insurance licenses.Vice President, Branch Supervision Specialist
- Julie McCallisterSenior Branch Supervision Specialist
Julie is associate vice president and branch manager supervision administrator of Branch Supervision at Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. Joining the firm in 2011, Julie is responsible for sales practices and activities of the firm’s producing branch managers.
With over 25 years of financial services industry experience, Julie has held positions as branch operations supervisor, margin clerk, and branch operations trainer where she provided branch office support by opening new branch offices as well as personnel training in existing offices. More recently, she was a special projects administrator where she produced various reference materials for branch personnel, assisted branch managers with training and managed the advisor retirement transition.
She holds the Series 7, 9/10, and 63 licenses. Outside of work, Julie likes to stay active, enjoys traveling and cooking.Senior Branch Supervision Specialist
- Peter McCarthySenior Vice President and Manager, Regulatory InitiativesSenior Vice President and Manager, Regulatory Initiatives
- Alexander MinderTechnology Services SpecialistTechnology Services Specialist
- Ann McLaughlinAssociate Vice President, Senior Trading Services Specialist
Ann joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2009 and is an Associate Vice President and Trade Processing Specialist. She is part of a team that is responsible for all trade-related activities for equities, mutual funds, options, precious metals, and unit investment trusts. In addition, she assists with new issue syndicates. With almost 25 years of trading and industry experience, Ann works closely with the firm’s financial advisors and clients.
Previously, Ann served in a similar role as a trader on the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) focusing on fixed income, equities, grains and metals in both futures and options markets. She worked mostly with institutional traders and money managers. Ann was also manager for her firm’s CBOT trade reconciliation team. In addition to her other duties, she ran the summer internship program for the firm’s CBOT floor group.
Ann is a graduate of St. Xavier University in Chicago where she earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Finance. She holds her FINRA Series 3, 7, 55 and 66 licenses. Outside of work she enjoys spending time with her family and is a Certified Scuba Diver.Associate Vice President, Senior Trading Services Specialist
- Tim MoranVice President and Senior Manager, Operations RiskVice President and Senior Manager, Operations Risk
- Nicole MorganAsset Movement SpecialistAsset Movement Specialist
- Matt MucklerVice President & Manager, Investment Advisory ComplianceVice President & Manager, Investment Advisory Compliance
- Carla MuntonAssociate Vice President and Financial Planning AssociateAssociate Vice President and Financial Planning Associate
- Lisa MurphyExecutive Assistant, Team LeaderExecutive Assistant, Team Leader
- Courtney O’dellNew Account SpecialistNew Account Specialist
- Michael OelkersApplication EngineerApplication Engineer
- Dan O’VeryAssociate Vice President and Team Lead, Compliance CommunicationsAssociate Vice President and Team Lead, Compliance Communications
- Edward “Ed” V. O’NealSenior Vice President and Manager, Retirement Plans
Ed is vice president and manager of Employer Retirement Plans at Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. Joining the firm in 2015, Ed works closely with financial advisors and clients on technical and compliance topics related to employer retirement plans. In addition, he develops and manages a variety of product and service marketing materials and related projects.
With more than 20 years of financial services industry experience, Ed served in a similar role where he created marketing materials as well as helped educate and train financial advisors. In addition, Ed has led initiatives involving vendor relationship management and strategic market analysis.
Ed is a graduate of Drake University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Finance and Actuarial Science, and he earned his Master of Business Administration from Webster University. He also completed the Securities Industry Institute at the Wharton School of Business (1997) and holds his Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses.Senior Vice President and Manager, Retirement Plans
- Michael PeifferCredit & Retirement Operations SpecialistCredit & Retirement Operations Specialist
- Daniel ParishAssociate Vice President, Senior Financial AnalystAssociate Vice President, Senior Financial Analyst
- Bob PatrickVice President and Manager-Sales and Supervisory Practices
Bob is associate vice president in the sales practice and communications approval areas of the Compliance department at Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. Since joining the firm in 2012, his responsibilities include reviewing communications, branch office inspections, training supervisors and maintaining firm policies and procedures.
Bob has more than 30 years of experience in the financial services industry, including insurance sales, all areas of operations and compliance. He has worked with insurance companies, options clearing companies and broker-dealer firms.
Bob has his Series 4, 7, 8, 24, 63 and 65 licenses. He lives in Glen Carbon, IL with his wife, Beth, and four children. Bob enjoys spending time with his family and his hobbies include playing golf, tennis, cycling and reading.Vice President and Manager-Sales and Supervisory Practices
- Marie PatricoPart TimePart Time
- Douglas D. “Doug” RubensteinExecutive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
At Benjamin F. Edwards & Co., Doug is chief operating officer where he oversees the alignment and prioritization of company initiatives, and leads Capital Markets initiatives for the firm which includes investment banking, new issue syndicate and trading. He is a member of the company’s management team and serves on the firm’s Executive Committee.
Doug has sourced, led and participated in transactions totaling more than $50 billion over his 30 years of experience in investment banking. Before joining Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2012, Doug served as the managing director and Real Estate Investment Banking Group head at Stifel Nicolaus Weisel. Doug led one of the real estate industry’s longest serving investment banking groups, which included more than 75 legacy REIT client relationships developed over his 18 years in the REIT industry.
Previously, he worked in investment banking for over 25 years at A.G. Edwards managing a variety of transactions, including leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, fairness opinions, exclusive sales and entity level and joint venture private placements. Doug executed public and private senior, subordinated and convertible debt, convertible and preferred equity, and common stock transactions for investment grade and non-investment grade companies, as well as IPOs and 144A offerings. He developed custom and comprehensive marketing programs targeted to potential and existing domestic and international retail and institutional investors.
As the managing director and Real Estate Investment Banking Group head at A.G. Edwards, Doug’s management responsibilities included the Strategy Committee, Debt Capital Markets Committee and Equity Capital Markets Committee.
Doug currently serves as an independent director on the board of a publicly traded REIT.
Doug received his M.B.A. at the John M. Olin School of Business at Washington University and his Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, in Economics from Lake Forest College. He holds FINRA Series 7, 24, 55, 63 and 79 securities licenses.
Outside of work, he likes to spend time with his wife, Stacy, and their sons David and Michael. Doug has been quoted saying “life can be serious, but food, wine and traveling with friends is fun.”Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
- Shelby SchagrinManaging Director & Head of Investment Banking
Shelby has more than 30 years of investment banking experience with a focus on middle market companies and their owners. She has expertise in mergers and acquisitions, strategy, finance and business development.
She has represented closely held business owners in the sale of their businesses and has created and structured many win-win transactions for middle-market business owners. She has advised companies in all aspects of corporate finance and strategic planning and has acted as a trusted business advisor to CEOs. Shelby has also assisted numerous companies across a wide spectrum of industries: revitalizing operations, fostering growth and profitability, solving problems and identifying opportunities.
Her career encompasses banking at Continental Bank in Chicago; investment banking, specializing in mergers and acquisitions at A.G. Edwards & Sons; vice president of Finance and Planning at Spartech Corporation and consulting as the president of Q.E.D. Consulting Group. In addition, she has experience as an entrepreneur and business owner. Shelby holds FINRA Series 79 and 63.
Shelby has also taught finance at St. Louis University.
Shelby is the founder, past president and current board member of the Spirit of St. Louis Women’s Fund which is devoted to improving the quality of life in the St. Louis area by providing financial support to urgent and critical needs throughout the community.
Shelby received her MBA with high honors with a concentration in finance at the John M. Olin School of Business at Washington University. She holds a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Pennsylvania.
Shelby is a freethinking Investment Banker that is always up for a new challenge, never gives up, is passionate to the end, goes the extra mile for clients and gets to the finish line.
On a personal side, a few of her favorite things include family, meals from her organic vegetable garden, her Bernese Mountain trained support dog, Pilates and boxing. In addition, Shelby is passionate about community involvement, women in philanthropy and women entrepreneurs.Managing Director & Head of Investment Banking
- Ward E. PettyManaging Director – Investments and Branch Manager
Ward Petty joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2011 when he opened and was named manager for the firm’s office in Chattanooga, TN. Just 18 months later, he was named Southeast Regional Manager with oversight responsibilities for the firm’s offices in Atlanta, GA; Highlands, NC; Panama City, FL; and Tazewell, VA.
A veteran of the financial services industry since 1980, he opened the Chattanooga office of A.G. Edwards in 1991. Eventually, the office grew to employ more than 30, with 10 more employed in the firm’s Dalton, GA satellite office, which Ward also supervised. Ward’s reputation extends beyond Chattanooga, as he was recognized by Barron’s one of the top 1,000 financial advisors in the country in 2009 and 2010. He was also included in Registered Rep magazine’s list of 10 outstanding investment advisors in 1998.
Ward is active in the Chattanooga community – particularly with matters dealing with education and children’s healthcare – and is a graduate of the University of Tennessee – Chattanooga with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting.Managing Director – Investments and Branch Manager
- Debi PicklerGraphic Designer
Debi joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2012 as a graphic designer in Corporate Communications. She is responsible for developing print and digital creative materials for the firm’s advertising, marketing, communications and branding efforts. With over 20 years of design experience, Debi works closely with the firm’s financial advisors and Home Office personnel.
Previously, Debi served in a similar role as a graphic designer/illustrator for a St. Louis-based law firm. During that time, she developed marketing, branding and advertising pieces ranging from print collateral pieces to large scale trade show exhibits, web design and multi-media communications campaigns. In addition, Debi has extensive experience in brand strategy having developed product and packaging for national and international recognized brands.
Debi is a graduate of University of Kansas where she earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Illustration. A published children’s book illustrator, Debi is a member of the SCBWI (Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators) as well as an accomplished fine artist, winning a number of local, national and international art competitions. Outside of work, Debi enjoys marathon running, endurance cycling, and working out at a local CrossFit gym with her husband and son.Graphic Designer
- Debbie PlackeVice President, Manager, Financial Planning Marketing and Tools
Debbie is vice president and supervisor of Planning and Research in the Private Client Services group at Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. Joining the firm in 2010, she is responsible for providing financial planning software support as well as assist the firm’s financial advisors with financial planning analysis including asset allocation, retirement planning, and Monte Carlo-style simulation. In addition, Debbie develops and manages a variety of product and service marketing materials and related projects.
With over 16 years of financial industry experience, Debbie held a similar role as a financial planning associate where she gained valuable experience preparing analysis, illustrations, and projections using financial planning software and applications to evaluate the current financial position of clients.
Debbie is a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University – Cape Girardeau where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. She holds her FINRA Series 7, 63 and 65 licenses.Vice President, Manager, Financial Planning Marketing and Tools
- Brian PolitteClient Workflow SpecialistClient Workflow Specialist
- Lois M. PowellSenior Vice President, Atlantic Regional Manager
Lois joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2013, bringing with her nearly 30 years of financial services experience, including several as a regional manager responsible for Texas and New Mexico.
In her position at Edwards, she works to broaden the firm’s footprint and bring its innovative client service model to investors in the Southern United States, including Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, Kentucky, and parts of Tennessee and North Carolina. She also serves on the investment firm’s board of directors.
Previously, Lois was a financial advisor for more than 15 years in the Dallas area before being named head of regional sales, and later a regional manager. She served as a market manager in Fort Worth and West Texas before retiring in 2011.
In her spare time Lois loves to travel, play golf, and spend time with her husband, children and 3 grandchildren.Senior Vice President, Atlantic Regional Manager
- Michael RossAML Risk SpecialistAML Risk Specialist
- Michelle ReillyAssociate Vice President and Team Leader – Asset MovementAssociate Vice President and Team Leader – Asset Movement
- Jennifer L. RigdonVice President and Manager, Corporate CommunicationsVice President and Manager, Corporate Communications
- Cheryl RenthSenior Retirement Operations SpecialistSenior Retirement Operations Specialist
- Gregg RichterVice President and Manager, FinanceVice President and Manager, Finance
- Kayla RossVice President, HR Business Partner/Benefits SpecialistVice President, HR Business Partner/Benefits Specialist
- Brooke RomeroVice President, Senior Manager, Client Workflow Operations
Brooke is vice president and manager of New Accounts and Document Control at Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. Joining the firm in 2009, she is responsible for client onboarding which includes the production and process of reviewing new accounts, document processing and account maintenance. In addition, she monitors performance, analyzes and implements new or updated applications required for processing.
With more than 18 years of operations experience in the financial services industry, Brooke served in a similar role as a new accounts specialist. Most recently, she worked as an escalation analyst in the Account Opening and Maintenance areas. In that capacity, she researched and resolved issues that occurred during the account opening process, made recommendations for process improvement, and helped with the conversion to a new operating system for the area.
She received her Associate’s degree in Psychology from East Central College in Union, Missouri. Brooke holds her FINRA Series 99 license. Outside of work, she likes to spend time with her family, watch sports and listen to music.Vice President, Senior Manager, Client Workflow Operations
- Philip MetzgerVice President - Investment Banking
Philip has more than 11 years of investment banking experience, including experience in mergers and acquisitions, equity raises and debt financing transactions for companies across a wide range of industries.
He was previously a vice president in the Middle Market Group of Wells Fargo Securities where he worked on M&A transactions and capital raises. Previous to Wells Fargo Securities, Philip was an Assistant Vice President in the Public Finance Group at Piper Jaffray where he originated tax-exempt bond issuances for government clients.
Philip earned a Bachelor of Science from University of Missouri and a Master of Business Administration from the John M. Olin School of Business at Washington University in St. Louis. He earned his CHARTERED FINANCIAL ANALYST® designation from the CFA Institute in 2007, and holds FINRA Series 7, 63 and 79 licenses.
He lives in St. Louis with his wife and two children.Vice President - Investment Banking
- Sheila SatterfieldPayroll SpecialistPayroll Specialist
- Alex SanchezAssociate Vice President and Team Leader – Credit & Retirement OperationsAssociate Vice President and Team Leader – Credit & Retirement Operations
- Daniel J. “Dan” SchulteSenior Vice President and Manager, Annuities and Insurance
As vice president and manager of insurance and annuities, Dan trains and assists financial advisors in exploring insurance and annuity vehicles and strategies that can be specifically designed to each client’s retirement and legacy goals for their unique planning situations. Part of this support includes participation in the firm’s Home Office visit program, where clients come to the firm’s St. Louis headquarters to meet with the company’s subject matter experts.
Prior to joining Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2012, Dan spent 15 years at A.G. Edwards (now Wells Fargo Advisors) and coordinated a variety of insurance and annuity product and service marketing projects regarding topics such as family protection planning, business insurance planning, estate planning, long-term care planning, retirement planning, as well as other insurance and annuity planning issues. Dan’s previous industry experience includes four years as a registered representative for Metropolitan Life Insurance Company helping clients with their insurance and investment needs.
Dan has earned a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia and holds Series 7, 6, 63 and 65 licenses. He also holds life and health insurance licenses and is long-term care insurance certified.Senior Vice President and Manager, Annuities and Insurance
- Jennifer SchultzeAssociate Vice President, Compliance Employee Activities, Team LeadAssociate Vice President, Compliance Employee Activities, Team Lead
- Daniel SingerAccounting SpecialistAccounting Specialist
- Maggie ShankAssociate Vice President and Regional Recruiting StrategistAssociate Vice President and Regional Recruiting Strategist
- Diane SinglerSenior Annuity & Life Insurance Processing SpecialistSenior Annuity & Life Insurance Processing Specialist
- Jackson SmithAnalyst
Jackson performs financial analysis and modeling for the M&A group at BFE and also prepares marketing materials for M&A sell-sides. Jackson earned a Bachelor of Science with a major in Finance from Washington University in St. Louis.Analyst
- Lori SmithVice President and Manager PayrollVice President and Manager Payroll
- Vanessa SomervilleVice President and Manager, Human ResourcesVice President and Manager, Human Resources
- Kristen SoutherlandVice President, Manager, Advisory OperationsVice President, Manager, Advisory Operations
- Katelyn StevensVice President and Manager, Surveillance
Katelyn joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2015 as associate vice president and team leader of Surveillance. She brings over 10 years of industry experience to the firm focused on surveillance with over five of years at FINRA as a Trading and Market Making Surveillance Compliance Examiner. Katelyn spent the last five years implementing a new trade surveillance system and creating surveillance reports.
She holds her Series 7, 9/10, 24, and 66 licenses. Outside of work, Katelyn likes to spend time with her husband, three children and two French Bulldogs.Vice President and Manager, Surveillance
- Michele TannerBranch Supervision AssociateBranch Supervision Associate
- Chris TrovitchBranch Supervision AssociateBranch Supervision Associate
- Yvonne TrentmanSenior Vice President, Senior Manager, Branch Services
With years of industry experience and a well-deserved reputation for providing outstanding client service, Yvonne joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2009 as a vice president and manager of Branch Services. In this capacity, Yvonne works closely with the firm’s regional managers and acts as a liaison between the firm’s Home Office and its branch offices.
Yvonne began her financial services career in 1981 at A.G. Edwards in Bond Operations and later moved to the Reorganization Department to manage day-to-day activities within the bond redemption area. In 1995, given her knowledge of the securities industry and her client-friendly demeanor, Yvonne was asked to establish the Client Services Department within the firm’s Law Department. The new department worked with the firm’s branches and clients to address client concerns, answer questions, facilitate settlements and to identify information required for regulatory reporting.
Yvonne holds the Series 7, 8, 24, and 63 licenses.Senior Vice President, Senior Manager, Branch Services
- Brian TurntineAssociate Vice President and Fixed Income TraderAssociate Vice President and Fixed Income Trader
- Marlyn Van MeterBranch Services and DevelopmentBranch Services and Development
- Chuck VanGronigenVice President and Manager, Recruiting Strategy & AdministrationVice President and Manager, Recruiting Strategy & Administration
- Joanne M. Welker, CFASenior Vice President and Manager, Advisory Services
Joanne Welker joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2008 and leads the company’s advisory program effort.
As chief investment officer and manager of Advisory Services, Joanne determines which advisory programs are appropriate for Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. to offer and recommend to clients, and oversees them on an ongoing basis. In addition, she serves as portfolio manager for BFEC’s Mutual Fund Portfolios program. Joanne also acts as portfolio manager for the ETF Portfolios and Russell Model Strategies programs, implementing models provided by Confluence Investment Management, Laffer Associates and Russell Investments.
Before joining Benjamin F. Edwards & Co., Joanne worked as a portfolio manager at A.G. Edwards Trust Company FSB for 13 years. Previously, she held positions at Citicorp and Waddell and Reed.
Joanne earned her bachelor’s degree in Finance from Missouri State University, and her master’s degree in Banking and Financial Services from Boston University. She has been a Chartered Financial Analyst since 1999. Joanne also has her Series 7, 24, and 66 licenses.Senior Vice President and Manager, Advisory Services
- Stacey ReganSecurities & Insurance Licensing AdministratorSecurities & Insurance Licensing Administrator
- Allison WashausenTechnology Services SpecialistTechnology Services Specialist
- Christopher M. “Chris” WhitingExecutive Vice President and Director of Sales & MarketingExecutive Vice President and Director of Sales & Marketing
- Peggy WebbAdvisory Operations SpecialistAdvisory Operations Specialist
- Joel A. WiesehanSenior Vice President and Manager, Fixed Income
Corporates, preferreds and municipals – Joel Wiesehan has traded them all throughout his 12-year career as a fixed income trader. In addition, he has extensive experience working with financial advisors to respond to inquiries and leverage market opportunities.
Joel joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2012 as the manager of the firm’s fixed income trading operations. In this capacity, he will be responsible for fixed income trading across all taxable and tax-free product types. In addition, he will coordinate municipal syndicate selling group agreements with other broker-dealers, while also assisting the firms advisors and their clients with their fixed income portfolio needs.
A graduate of the University of Missouri – St. Louis with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, Joel specialized in finance and economics. He is married with two daughters.Senior Vice President and Manager, Fixed Income
- Aaron WilkersonAssociate Vice President, Senior Application EngineerAssociate Vice President, Senior Application Engineer
- Travis WilkinsonAssociate Vice President, Senior Technical EngineerAssociate Vice President, Senior Technical Engineer
- Cathy WilsonAdministrative AssistantAdministrative Assistant
- Julie WilsonVice President, Branch Supervision Specialist
Julie is vice president and branch manager supervision administrator of Branch Supervision at Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. Joining the firm in 2012, Julie is responsible for sales practices and activities of the firm’s producing branch managers.
With over 30 years of experience in the financial services and banking industries, Julie has held positions as assistant branch manager and client associate.
She holds her Series 7, 9, 10, 66, and insurance licenses. Outside of work, Julie likes to spend time with her family — especially her two granddaughters. She also enjoys reading and traveling.Vice President, Branch Supervision Specialist
- Bill J. WisdomSenior Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer
Bill is senior vice president and chief compliance officer at Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. Joining the firm in 2009, his primary responsibilities include overseeing the firm’s compliance programs as well as developing and maintaining written supervisory procedures, reviewing retail communications and managing branch office reviews. He is uniquely positioned to offer insight in these critical areas, having spent more than 25 years in the financial services industry.
Bill is a graduate of Webster University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Education and Music. He holds a number of industry licenses, is a recipient of the FINRA Institute/Wharton School Certified Regulatory & Compliance Professional (CRCP) designation, and serves as a member of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) Professional Qualifications Advisory Committee. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family, woodworking and reading.Senior Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer
- Jeffrey R. WolfeSenior Vice President and Manager, Wealth Planning Strategies
As Vice President and Manager of estate planning strategy and affluent client services, Jeff consults with financial advisors and their clients to explore estate planning and affluent client strategies designed to help clients’ achieve lifetime and legacy goals for themselves and their beneficiaries. Jeff is also responsible for the firm’s Home Office Visit program where affluent clients come to the firm’s St. Louis headquarters to meet with the company’s subject matter experts for a comprehensive financial review. Jeff’s responsibilities also include generating training and marketing materials on subjects of interest for the firm and its clients.
Jeff joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. in 2013. Previously, Jeff spent ten years with Edward Jones where he initially served as counsel in their Trust Company before assuming a similar estate planning and affluent client strategist role. Before joining Edward Jones Jeff was in private practice at a law firm in St. Louis County.
Jeff is a member of the Missouri Bar, the Estate Planning Council of St. Louis, the Real Property, Probate and Trust Section of the American Bar Association. He also holds his Series 7, 24 and 66 licenses. Jeff earned his B.A. from Westminster College, and his J.D. from Indiana University-Indianapolis.Senior Vice President and Manager, Wealth Planning Strategies
- Corey E. WintersAssociate Vice President and Senior Manager, RIA OperationsAssociate Vice President and Senior Manager, RIA Operations
- Chase GarrettNew Account AssociateNew Account Associate
- Jerome “Jerry” J. WingbermuehleVice President and Manager, Legal ServicesVice President and Manager, Legal Services