2884 North Monroe Street
Decatur, IL 62526
Toll Free: 877-584-0438
CA License #0L39341
My Community Activities
- Antioch Christian Church, Member
- Cerro Gordo Youth League, Baseball Coach
- Millikin Decatur Executive Association, Board Member
My Professional Approach: Plan, Protect and Pass On
As a financial advisor, I firmly embrace the principle of putting my clients first and working with them in an atmosphere characterized by trust, integrity and mutual respect. My approach to financial planning begins with the 3Ps – Plan, Protect and Pass On.
- Plan My client-first commitment to you begins by asking questions and listening to your responses about your current situation and plans to the future. Are you caring for a family? What are your plans for retirement? Do your investments reflect your values?
- Protect As we discuss these issues, we’ll work side-by-side to evaluate you current financial picture and explore your investment time horizon and your tolerance for risk.
- Pass On Together, we will review your investment strategies to help ensure that your plan reflects your wishes for your legacy.
Each of these steps will help us develop a personalized investment program that will be designed to meet your current and projected needs.
In 2015, I joined Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. as a financial advisor in the Decatur office. I began my financial services career in 2004, and my wife, Jamie — also a financial advisor at Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. — and I are passionate about helping individuals and families achieve their goals through proper planning and investment strategies. Prior to that I served as a missionary and minister.
When I’m not working, I enjoy spending time with Jamie and our two young children, Kiley and Elijah. We are outdoor enthusiasts – we like to kayak, hike, and bike. We also love to travel to the mountains or go on a cruise. In addition, we are active in our church.
Areas of Concentration
- Estate Planning Strategies
- Financial Planning Strategies
- Investment Strategies
- Retirement Planning
- Wealth Management
Education and Credentials
- Abilene Christian University, Bachelor of Science degree in Biblical Studies and Missions
- ACCREDITED ASSET MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST℠, or AAMS®
What is an AAMS®? Earning the ACCREDITED ASSET MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST℠, or AAMS®, certification from the College for Financial Planning means that a financial advisor has successfully completed a course of study, passed an exam, and is compliant with a Code of Ethics, which includes agreeing to abide by the Standards of Professional Conduct. In addition, the designation is subject to renewal requirements every two years, which in includes the completion of 16 hours continuing education, and a reaffirmation to the Code of Ethics.