5370 Kietzke Lane
Reno, NV 89511
Toll Free: 833-300-7560
- Truckee Meadows Community College instructor, stocks and bonds class over 10 years
- Marce Herz Foundation Board Member
- Married to wife, Peggy, and have two children
We must do better! I said to myself almost 20 years ago in the middle of the dot-com market meltdown. Many of my clients were forced to delay their retirement date and postpone long- awaited plans. I had recently passed the exam to become a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and at that time decided there had to be a better way to manage risk in my clients’ portfolios. A comprehensive financial plan is the first step in developing a framework for success. As a CFP® certificant and Financial Advisor, I have always put my clients’ interests first. I have dedicated my career to helping clients prepare for and transition to retirement. My areas of concentration include comprehensive financial planning, custom portfolio management, portfolio risk management, legacy, and end-of life-planning.
While I am an amateur student of the political economy, history and economics, I also enjoy music and play the banjo and guitar. My wife Ann and I have been married for almost 44 years. We have two children, and multiple grandchildren.
- Joined Benjamin F. Edwards in 2018
- CERTIFIED FINANICAL PLANNER™ Certificant
- Accredited Domestic Partnership AdvisorSM
- 25 years investment-planning experience
- Bachelor’s degree in economics from University of Nevada-Reno
- College of Financial Planning, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ course work
WHAT IS A CFP®? A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, or CFP®, certification means a financial advisor has successfully completed a rigorous training program followed by a comprehensive 10-hour exam administered in accordance with the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Board of Standards. Professionals who are awarded this accreditation demonstrate skill in analyzing situations and developing personalized long-term financial strategies. CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ in the U.S.